Sunday, March 6, 2011

Clean The World

Today I came across this really neat company called Clean The World.  This company partners with hotels and recycles all of the soap that is not used in hotel rooms.  They take this soap, sanitize it, and give it to people in need of sanitation all over the world.  Each day 9,000 children die from pneumonia and various other diseases carried on the hands.  With some soap and proper teaching of how to use it, we can help save lives.

Here is a video explaining a little bit more about what Clean The World does.



When I first started Revive, I knew that I wanted to help people somehow in someway.  I know I God gave me this entrepreneurial spirit for a reason.  The company TOMS Shoes always inspired me to help people.  When it came to soap making, I wasn't really sure what I could do to really help people.  Donate soap?  I wasn't even really sure anyone would accept donated soap.  However, Clean The World really got me to thinking....

I would love to develop a Revive Soap that somehow every bar purchased would donate a certain amount of money to this organization.  Maybe I would call it Revive's Clean The World Soap and it would cost a little bit more than a normal bar, but knowing you are helping save lives would be worth the extra cost.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Happy Sunday!
Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. Here's another thought: I send them all my scraps and batches that just didn't turn out right since they are going to to rebatch them anyway. I was so happy to find this organization last year!! It feels good to know that these otherwise unusable soaps can actually help others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Amy! I am going to send them my growing box of "not-so-perfects"!

    Caitlin - One of my soap bars is just like you say. The main local charity organization in our small area (PAWS) helps take care of abandoned dogs and find them good homes. I have a Dog Shampoo bar and half goes to them. It feels good and it helps them. It also sells well. I look forward to seeing your Save the World bar. xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - Great idea! Maybe at my next show I'll have a bin where people can purchase a bar but then decide to donate it or something. I'm not really sure how, but I know I want to help this organization out somehow!

    Jennifer - I love the idea of the dog soap! People love to pamper their doggies and knowing that they are helping other dogs is also great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny you would write about this now. My most recent post I have been planning for a while and is about donating soap to homeless and domestic abuse shelters through From Nature With Love. Go give it a looksy.

    ReplyDelete