Monday, May 27, 2013

A Realization About DIY Laundry Detergent



Pinterest is a wonderful place full of DIY ideas and outfits you wish you could afford.  The other day I was on Pinterest, and I came across the usual DIY laundry detergent pin.  I've seen this pin before, just never clicked it before.  However, being a broke college student, I decided to take a look.  

Did you know that DIY Laundry Detergent contains shredded bar soap, including Ivory and other commercial soaps?  Of course there are other ingredients like Borax, but lets focus on the fact that you can use commercially made bar soap in your laundry detergent.  DETERGENT PEOPLE!  Do you see where I'm going with this?

That's when the light bulb went off in my head.  People in general wash themselves with Ivory, Dove, and other commercially produced soaps which is ultimately a bunch of synthetic detergents smashed together to make a bar of soap.  These same detergents can be ground up and used as your LAUNDRY DETERGENT.  How do you feel about using laundry detergent on your skin??  Ouch!

If you stumbled upon my blog and have yet to use a bar of natural soap, I encourage you to go grab a bar at www.reviveyourbath.com because we make our soaps with all plant-based oils and scent everything with natural essential oils.  We do not make our soap out of synthetic detergents, harsh chemicals, or fragrance oils that can actually cause skin irritation.  We only produce 100% natural soap bars that make your skin happy and healthy.  Revive that skin today!!  (And think twice about using a bar of Ivory again...just put it in your laundry detergent!)




















I would also like to say thank you this Memorial Day to all the service men and women who have or are currently serving our country.  Because of you, I can say I'm proud to live in a country where I am FREE and I am BRAVE.  Thank you for your service!!

Caitlin

P.S. A lovely blogger will be hosting a giveaway for a bottle of our lotion in the next couple of days, so make sure to keep an eye out for a link to the giveaway on our blog and our Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh - Caitlin thank you for sharing this! Natural is the way to go anyday! :)

    ..and I'm totally entering the giveaway ;) thank you!

    ReplyDelete